I am excited to report that last Sunday at 24 weeks we went to the hospital and received the steroid injections to help mature the baby's lungs and protect their blood vessels. The MFM doc was thinking that I was going to stay in the hospital until I delivered. I was fine with that if it was absolutely necessary, but there was nothing they were doing for me there that I couldn't do at home. So they took into consideration that I live close to the hospital, have a strong support system and probably know a little more than the average patient (being a nurse) I was able to come home. At this point they would be extremely pre term but could survive. Their survival rates increase significantly with each week that we gain. I had an ultrasound the day I was discharged and my cervix had not changed from the week before :o) The girls looked great and again Miss A baby was being camera shy, she posed for a quick profile pic but as for the details, she wants to remain mysterious! Miss B showed off her beauty again for the 4D ultrasound and we got some cute pics. Both of their estimated weight is 1 pound 9 oz, right on track!
This week has been a busy week. I came home Monday evening from the hospital. Joel started back up at work Monday-that was hard. I spent the week with Regis, Kelly, Drew Carey (who might I add is a sorry a** replacement for Bob Barker), the cast of Young and the Restless, Grey's Anatomy and any other rot your brain garbage I can find on daytime TV! I have become a HUGE fan of Adam from Man vs Food. Everything he eats I drool over. It is kind of like when you are sick in bed with the flu and all that is on TV is food! In all seriousness, I would like to check out some of the places he has gone to- Something to add to the bucket list I make while lying here. My dear father-in-law brought me lunch on the days Joel was working andmy cousin and her adorable daughter came to visit and spoil me with candles and sephora pampering goodies!
We also celebrated our 4 year anniversary Thursday! We had a "romantic" dinner in bed. I will take on a new gig as a restaurant reviewer so here is my review. We really enjoy eating at Claim Jumper-a wide variety of food-at Brookfield Square. Oddly enough we dined here the Sunday morning I had my pre term labor event. Great food and drinks and something for everyone. I am personally a fan of their chicken pot pie-a piece of heaven, and can definitely be 2 meals-just as delicious reheated. The last time we were there we were craving wings and gave them a try. To our surprise they were delicioso! It's hard to find good wings and ever since I became an avid Man vs Food groupie, wings are all that are on my mind (Adam eats a lot of wings). Ok so the night of our anniversary we decided that we would start out our bed rest meal with an order of wings and they were just as good this time with the exception of the to-go humidity decreasing the crispiness of the deep fried fat. I always heard that their jambalaya was one of the top sellers and I was in the mood for spicy......All I will say is I should have stuck to the pot pie, the jambalaya had no flavor, the chicken was scraps and just plain disgusting. Joel wouldn't even eat it-that says it all! The night got better when my sweet sister stopped in on her way to work with flowers and a huge piece of Tiramisu for us to celebrate our anniversary with! The babies loved the tiramisu and note to self-don't eat it at 11pm unless you enjoy the tumbling twins all night!
With all of the excitement of the week, some of the difficult emotions set in. Last Saturday I missed my nieces Ashley and Chloe's birthday party-which was extremely hard. Ashley turned 15 and Chloe 7 and birthdays are a BIG deal in our family. Joel going back to work was emotional. And during one of my trips to the bathroom I snuck into the nursery and their closet filled with clothes and just became overwhelmed with emotion. I don't know why, I just sat there and sobbed and felt sorry for myself. After everything we have been through to get where we are, why this too? I have been really struggling too with all of the little things I am missing out on; decorating my house for fall, going on excursions with my sister for hay bales and corn stalks and apple cider, shopping-just plain shopping (and NO shopping online is not as fun) shopping for the babies (even though my sister and I did some good damage at the Carters outlet early on) and then my shower. Something I have been so incredibly excited for and to share with our family and friends. Then I looked in the mirror-said SUCK IT UP- and moved on. We have been blessed with two beautiful baby girls and have gotten through a very serious scare. I have to focus on the reason I am doing this and that is our daughters, keeping them safe and helping them grow. There will be years of opportunities for all of the things "I miss" but there is only going to be one opportunity to protect my unborn babies. The end result is worth so much more than all of the things I sulk about now. That is my saving grace. I love these little peanuts and will do anything for them-anything!
So if I have not put you to sleep yet, thank you for reading my jibb jabb and trying to keep up with the scattered thoughts of an emotional woman on bed rest. Thank you all for your continued thoughts, prayers, kind words and gestures.
"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
~Dolly Parton
Thanks for the update Jodi- Give yourself some slack to go through this roller coaster of emotions, its not easy, I know. You are doing an AWESOME job!! You are making the biggest sacrafices for those girls right now so they can be born healthy and when you see those beautiful faces it will all be worth it. You are going to be an amazing mom.
ReplyDeleteJess, your friendship and kind, encouraging words are so meaningful! Thank you sweetie!
ReplyDelete