I am continuing to contract, usually anywhere from 10-20 a day, but they are not causing cervical changes. I am expected to contract, two babies and a cerclage alone will cause it. The past week I have been pretty uncomfortable. They are apparently going through a growth spurt, which is great, but causes a lot of tightening and discomfort. I am convinced there is nowhere else for these girls to go, but let's be realistic, they'll find room!
We got to see both girls on the 4D u/s Tuesday. As usual our laid back B baby was in a photo worthy position and the pic we got of her is amazing and she looks super cute! Joel thinks she looks like him ;o) She is usually the more laid back of the two. Wakes up later, less jerky movements, more smooth where I can actually feel knees, feet or hands. She may look like her Daddy but definitely not his demeanor. We saw baby A on 4D but she has her face smashed against the uterus and her head buries into the cervix. We didn't capture a pic of her. She is our baby who doesn't want to miss a thing! When I am up all night, every hour she gives a few good jabs to let me know she is there. She is an early riser, stays active almost all day and at night acts as though she is at a Pantera concert and performs some pretty impressive head banging maneuvers onto my bladder and cervix-resulting in a feeling almost like being electrocuted-not a comfortable feeling.
So the good news is my sister and I are able to have our sister days back! We were both incredibly lost when my busy school schedule ceased our days of lunch, shopping and just gallivanting around! Even though our Tuesdays now at the Aurora Women's Pavilion and a quick drive thru lunch are not nearly as exciting as our dates to Mayfair, Bayshore, the Kenosha Outlets, Michaels, Kohls, Yankee Candle (you get the idea) It is great to be able to hang out. Now we just lie in my bed with the laptop and facebook and shop online. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful chauffeur, sister and friend all in one!
Joel had to go to Houston this past Sunday and he came home on Wednesday. Prior to him leaving, with the help of friends and family, they set me up with a dorm fridge and microwave so I could manage on my own for simple things. It worked out well. My family came Sunday with home cooked meals and my girlfriends came Monday with Bucas and Tuesday with Nanakusa-sushi-(nothing raw!) On Wednesday Joel was welcomed home with a delicious pot of chili, salad and bread from my friend. And last week our friends and their adorable baby Addison brought us Botanas in bed! My girlfriend even brought me a virgin margarita with salt on the rim-YUM! All of the generosity and kindness is overwhelming and we are so blessed! Everyone seems to love bed rest, well except for me!
I have been starting to get things for the nursery! We received our chandelier and our rocker. Grandma bought the girls their bedding and that is on the way. As soon as it arrives we can pick the paint colors and get moving. The bummer, our furniture doesn't come until 10/31!! We ordered at the end of July!
This Sunday we are approaching 27 weeks! It is unbelievable and remarkable how far we have come already. We decided to post pone my baby shower. It was originally on 10.10.10 but I think WHEN we meet our Gold Medal milestone I will be more relaxed and comfortable having some fun, not too much but some! So we're gonna shoot for 10/23-cross your fingers, I'll cross my legs!
Off to have yummy Irish Guinness Beef Stew on this great fall day!
Thinking of you all the time. If there is anything we can do please let me know. I started a new job adn the kids started school and activties so I am struggling to keep up or I would have been over by now! Take care!
ReplyDeleteMichelle and family