Yesterday morning we went to the MFM (maternal fetal medicine) clinic and had an ultrasound to check babies heartbeats, fluid levels and finally the cervix measurement check. Poor Ellen the sonographer, little did she know she was getting the crazy lady who would tell her how to do her job! Well, not really...I just begged her to be very very gentle and careful because I apparently have a very touchy cervix and I didn't want anything disturbed! She assured me that she does these all the time and she would be gentle.
The Ultrasound: Both babies looked great. Both had good, strong heartbeats. We even got to see Baby B with that fancy (4D) ultrasound, she is pretty darn cute! Baby A was facing my back and didn't feel like playing model that morning. She is usually a later riser than B, so maybe she feels she doesn't look her best in the morning ;o)
When Miss Ellen got to the cervix measurement she informed us that my cervix was "unmeasurable" last week and now measures 1.8 cm, good news! I immediately began crying tears of relief and joy.
Dr. K came in and she brought us down to the level of reality, reassuring us that we are in a better spot than last week but still in a critical situation. She explained the journey to us like this:
The Bronze Medal: Sunday 8/29, 24 weeks, back to hospital, receive steroids and monitor
The Silver Medal: 28 weeks, 9/26
The Gold Medal: 32 weeks, 10/24
So those are the milestones layed out for us that we are shooting for!
I am going to go reward our little girls for their good, strong behavior with some Kopps!
Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, calls, texts, emails, food-EVERYTHING! Thank you!
GOOD NEWS! Thoughts and prayers! Every day thoughts and prayers! Can we do anything? Do you need anything?
ReplyDeleteThoughts and prayers every day are what we need and appreciate sooo much! I am so happy to hear Jax and CP got Mrs. K together!!
ReplyDeleteYEAH!! Good Job Girls! Only a couple more days till your first medal! Prayers every night before bed!!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work Ma, and Girls! My thoughts and prayers are with you each and everyday. Can't wait for the Gold Medal!
ReplyDelete