Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Wilde's take the Silver!!!

I have to be honest. 6 weeks ago Joel and I faced the most frightening time of our lives so far as parents. We weren't too sure we would ever make it this far. With all of the positive thoughts, prayers, support, friendships and love from our families and friends here we......28 WEEKS!!! The girls now have a 90% chance of survival and are considered very pre-term versus extremely pre-term. When Dr. K laid out the bronze, silver and gold milestones to us, they all seemed so far away! It is hard to believe that the gold is only 4 weeks away! Don't get me wrong, 4 weeks of just lying here is more than hard and extremely boring! But again, we will do anything for these baby girls and I wouldn't have been able to do it without Joel. Our Big Black Baby Lab (11 years old) doesn't seem to mind bed rest one bit! Little does she know what is about to turn her world upside down in a couple of months!
I finally felt "stable" enough to take my final exam for my FNP class this summer. I did well and ended up with A's for clinical and theory, phew!
This is my second favorite time of year (after Christmas)! I love it all! Fall candles, decorating the house in and out, apple orchards.....and a lot more. I mention those few things because we have adapted and I have gotten to enjoy them! Leaves (the most amazing smelling fall candle from BBW) burns in my room, Joel went out last weekend and adorned our yard with a beautiful fall display. (I have to have him bring me up the camera cord so I can upload pics) He did it all! Corn stalks, hay bales, pumpkins and mums!! He even put out my scarecrow. He was very proud of his job and I believe his words were "I'm going to take over on the fall decorations from now on....." I replied, "SLOW DOWN, its beautiful but that is my and my sister's tradition..." Those of you who really know Joel, know he "suffers" from his own form of OCD/anal retentiveness so yes, it probably looks nicer than the past years when I have done it-shhhhhhh.......
In between my appts last week, my sister (who accompanies me to all appts and enjoys the MFM clinic, the doc is pretty close to a Dr. McDreamy) and I had some time to burn. Where else to burn it but the apple orchard! I figured what is the difference between walking into a Drs. office or walking into the apple shop? So I picked out my Honeycrsips, apple cider donuts and apple butter for the Mr. and we left! It was a great fall day :o)
Nothing much to report on the appts. Everything was "stable." Dr. MM didn't seem too concerned with the increasing discomfort and contracting. They're growing, what can I say!
*I borrowed this little template from a fellow high-risk bed rester because I think it is a good idea to keep track of these things :o)*


Pregnancy: 28 weeks
Weight Gain:  Fine ;o)
Sleep: horrible! Up every damn hour (at least) urinating, or having to adjust because my legs and hips from a particular side has gone numb.
Genders: 2 princesses
Names: Some things have to be a surprise! We have it narrowed down.
Feelings: Relieved to have reached a huge milestone and becoming more and more anxiously excited to meet them!
Cravings: Caesar Salad, Spicy Tuna rolls, a 12 pack of Diet Coke, Bloody Mary
Health: BPs are great, Dr. MM very happy with progression. Sore back, sore butt, sore legs and WEAK!
Movement: Lots of movement, especially from A. B is sort of folded in half so she isn't as aggressive feeling.
Belly: Fundal Height....I am measuring 36 cm...Which is about what a mom with one baby measures between 34-36 weeks! Yikes! I am carrying throughout my torso, just big all over.
Current Medications: Nifedipine to "control" the contractions and Hydroxy-Progesterone in oil shots IM weekly as a smooth muscle relaxant for uterus.
Next Appointments: MFM Tuesday for growth ultrasound and cervical length measurement. Can't wait to see how much these babes weigh!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! You are almost there! So excited for you 4! Doesnt that sound cool? FOUR!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! Yes, from 2 to 4 is crazy! I'm sure you can relate ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to keep up with your story! Best wishes!!
    MjR

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad everything is going well I'm so happy for you jodi!

    ReplyDelete